Hailing from Chicago, Illinois, Naked Raygun formed in 1980 to bring their unique brand of melodic punk rock to underground music fans worldwide. The group’s initial run lasted through 1992 when they then took an extended hiatus. Though they played a few one-off reunions in between, it wasn’t until 2006 that Raygun reunited to perform at Riot Fest and have remained active ever since.
Since their reformation, Naked Raygun has consisted of Jeff Pezzati (vocals), Bill Stephens (guitar), Pierre Kezdy (bass), and Eric Spicer (drums). Together they have released a 3-set series of 7″ EPs, currently their only new material since 1990’s full-length Raygun…Naked Raygun. Luckily, fans can relive Raygun’s history and 2006 reunion with the DVD/CD combo documentary and live recording What Poor Gods We Do Make. Rumor has it though…more new music is in the works!
Although they are still making and playing music, Naked Raygun’s legacy is already rooted deeply in the contemporary punk rock community. Many artists have cited Naked Raygun as influential including Alkaline Trio, Lucky Boys Confusion, Rise Against, Fall Out Boy and Green Day. Recently, Foo Fighters paid their homage to the group by including Raygun in their Sonic Highways documentary series and inviting them to perform at Chicago’s historic Wrigley Field as part of the Foo Fighter’s upcoming 2015 tour.
- Throb Throb LP -with cover art by Macintosh comic book artist Mike Saenz- ::Homestead Records (1985), Quarterstick Records (1999 – CD only), Haunted Town Records (2008 – LP only)
- All Rise LP ::Homestead (1986), Quarterstick Records (1999 – CD only), Haunted Town Records (2008 – LP only)
- Jettison LP ::Caroline Records (1988), Quarterstick Records (1999 – CD only)
- Understand? LP ::Caroline Records (1989), Quarterstick Records (1999 – CD only)
- Raygun…Naked Raygun LP ::Caroline Records (1990), Quarterstick Records (1999 – CD only)
- Last of the Demohicans CD ::Dyslexic Records, (1997)
- Free Shit live LP/CD ::(Haunted Town Records)
- What Poor Gods We Do Make CD ::Riot Fest Records (2007)
- Basement Screams 12″ ::Ruthless Records (1983), Quarterstick Records (1999 – CD only), Haunted Town Records (2007 – LP only)
- Treason 12″ ::3 songs, on pink vinyl limited to 2,500 numbered records (although unnumbered versions, stamped “Promo only” exist) ::Caroline Records (1989)
- Flammable Solid 7″ ::Ruthless Records (1983)
- Vanilla Blue 7″ on white/light blue marbled vinyl ::Sandpounder Records (1987)
- Home 7″ on green vinyl ::Caroline Records (1990)
- Series 1 7″ on red & on cream vinyl ::Riot Fest Records (2009)
- Series 2 7″ on violet & on black vinyl ::Riot Fest Records (2010)
- Series 3 7″ on clear orange vinyl ::Riot Fest Records (2011)
- What Poor Gods We Do Make DVD ::Riot Fest Records (2007)
Compilation album appearances
- Busted At Oz LP (Autumn Records, 1981)
- Rat Music for Rat People, Vol. 3 (CD Presents, 1987)
- Somethings’s Gone Wrong Again: The Buzzcocks Covers Compilation (CD, LP, Comp, C/Z Records, 1992)